The Antigua-Barbuda China Friendship Association, in collaboration with the Chinese Association of Antigua and Barbuda, invites all secondary schools to participate in an opportunity to win a trip to the “12th Shanghai International Youth Friendship Camp”, to be held in Shanghai, China from July 12 – 21, 2016.
The competition is a channel for high school students from across the world to build a bridge of friendship and exchange beyond language and cultural barriers, and to develop a spirit of cooperation between the youth of Antigua and Barbuda and the People’s Republic of China.
Please find attached, the Rules of Entry. If there are any additional questions, please send us a Facebook message or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE ANTIGUA-BARBUDA CHINA FRIENDSHIP ASSOCIATION SECONDARY SCHOOL ESSAY COMPETITION RULES OF ENTRY:
1. Be in full time attendance at either a private or public school or college in Antigua and Barbuda at the time of entry.
2. Be holders of valid passports that would enable travel to and from China in July 2016.
3. Be between the ages of 14 and 18.
4. Write an essay entitled “Why I would like to visit China” in no less than 700 and no more than 1000 words.
Guidelines for Essay Writing:
1. Essay must be 700-1000 words, typed, double spaced, with font size 12 pt. Times New Roman or equivalent font style. Margins must be one inch on all 4 sides of the page.
2. Only one essay per entrant is allowed.
3. Each essay is to be signed at the end by both the participating student and his/her supervising teacher OR principal.
4. All applicants must type the following information (in block capital letters) on the COVER (TITLE) PAGE of their essay: Name of student, Age of student, Name of School, Email address of parent/guardian/teacher, Telephone number of parent/guardian/teacher.
5. If external sources have been consulted, please attach a list of references, properly indexed, at the end of the essay.
6. All submissions must include a word count, excluding any references.
7. A hard copy of the essay should be sent to: The Antigua and Barbuda-China Friendship Association, c/o The Halo Foundation, Inc., Government House, Independence Avenue, St.John’s, Antigua.
8. The competition closing date is Monday April 11th, 2016.
9. Your essay will be disqualified if it does not meet the requirements or is submitted after the specified deadline.
Information about the Prize:
1. A prize of a trip to Shanghai will be awarded to two (2) winners.
2. Trip will include: return airfare to Shanghai, accommodation, meals, tours and activities, and US$500 spending money.
3. The Camp will provide full time teachers to ensure the safety of campers, as well as insurance coverage.
4. Winners will be hosted in China by the organizers of the Shanghai International Youth Interactive Friendship Camp 2016. (Shanghai People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries and the Shanghai Youth Federation).