The 2018 Henley & Partners Hero Scholarship
Applications are now open for a four-year university scholarship in Canada
The 2018 Henley & Partners Hero Scholarship, managed by the Halo Foundation, is now open for applications. The award aims to ease the financial barrier to tertiary-level education for students from disadvantaged backgrounds who are academically able and who deserve special recognition for their humanitarian acts of bravery and kindness.
The successful student will be granted a full four-year scholarship in their chosen discipline — inclusive of tuition, accommodation and meals, university-related fees, medical insurance, and textbooks — at St. Mary’s University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Applicants must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- They must be fifth-form or tertiary-level students or recent graduates of a secondary school or tertiary institution
- They must be between the ages of 16 and 25
- They must be citizens of Antigua and Barbuda
- They must be able to prove their financial need in relation to university education
- They must be able to provide three credible independent references regarding their humanitarian work
The awardee will also be presented with the Halo Hero Humanitarian Gold Medal, bestowed upon deserving youth for their commitment to community and their dedication to humanitarian causes. The ceremony is held each year in June and is presided over by Their Excellencies Sir Rodney Williams and Lady Williams.
Application forms and guidelines may be downloaded from the link attached, Applications should be handed in at Government House to the Halo Foundation by the deadline of 27 April 2018.