MISSION: SERVING THE CHILDREN OF THE WORLD
The name “Kiwanis” means “we trade” or “we share our talents.” It was coined from an American Indian expression, Nunc Kee-wanis.
WHO ARE WE & WHAT DO WE DO?
Kiwanians are volunteers improving the world through service to children and communities. Kiwanis members help shelter the homeless, feed the hungry, mentor the disadvantaged, and care for the sick. They develop youth as leaders, build playgrounds, raise funds for pediatric research, and much more.
No problem is too big or too small. Why? Because working together, members achieve what one person can-not accomplish alone. When you give a child a chance to learn, experience, dream, and succeed, great things happen!
Club of Wadadli Young Professionals is a member of the Kiwanis international family. Since its existence, KCW~YPhas done various projects and activities where it has contributed to the community. It is the goal of KCW~YP to lend its assistance in any way possible to the community. It is also very important that as a club, members have the opportunity to bond and socialize in a relaxed environment.
KCW~YP has prided itself in serving the community time and time again. With it’s ongoing service project with the Good Shepherd Home for Children, KCW Kool Kidz Drive, Wadadli Children Fun Day to name a few, Club Wadadli YP is indeed a flourishing club.
Believe children are the future; Take pride in you Community; Want to aid those in need; Enjoy Meeting new people; Are Service-minded, then Wadadli Young Professionals is just the right club to join.
JOIN IN THE KIWANIS FAMILY, AS MEMBERS:
Improve communities; Build enduring friendships through service to others; Better the lives of children; Participate in fun and fellowship; Sharpen leadership skills by overcoming: Attain a greater appreciation for their own talents and successes;
The six permanent Objects of Kiwanis International were approved by Kiwanis club delegates at the 1924 Convention in Denver, Colorado. Through the succeeding decades, they have remained unchanged.
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business, and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.
Meetings: Every 3rd Saturday Monthly at Heritage Hotel
Kiwanis Club of Wadadli Est. 2006
Division 27 of the Eastern Canada & Caribbean District