1. How does bidding work?
2. How do I know if I am winning an auction?
3. How do I pay after I win an auction?
How does bidding work?
This is the default option. Here Bidder A can enter a proxy Maximum Bid that they are willing to bid
up to and be protected in the auction till their Maximum Bid is beaten.
– “Laptop with wheels” has a starting bid of $10.
– John places a maximum bid of $25. His current bid starts at $10.
– Mary places a bid of $20, but is told that her bid is lower than John’s bid.
– The current bid of John is now raised to $20.50 to defeat Mary’s bid of $20.
– Mary can choose to place a new bid which is more than $20.50, to outbid John.
– Bid increments are automatically calculated by our bidding algorithm. The higher the bidding goes
the higher the calculated bid increments get.
– If a custom bid increment is set than the bids placed will have to be above that value AND the
automatic bid increment will use the same value i.e in the above case if the custom bid increment is
$5 the current bid of John would be $25 instead of $20.50.
In this bidding option the bid placed is the current bid.
– “Cat Sweater with Pom Poms” has a starting bid of $42.
– John places a bid of $62, which is now the current bid.
– Mary places a bid of $70, which becomes the new current bid.
– Bidding continues in this fashion till the auction ends or the auction is closed by the admin.
– The highest bid at the end is winner.
– In this bidding option the user has to bid lower in order to win.
– “Google.com Domain” has a starting bid of $150.
– John bids $145, which is now the current bid.
– Mary places a bid of $140, which now becomes the current bid.
– Bidding continues in this way till the auction ends or the auction is closed by the admin.
– The lowest bid at the end is the winner.
How do I know if I am winning an auction?
If you are on the site where the auction is being held, simply refresh the page (if it is displayed in a post)
or click the refresh bid icon in the popup window. If you are winning, your name and current bid will be
displayed on top.
How do I pay after I win an auction?
If you win an auction you will get an email from the auction holder with payment instructions. There
are 3 options to this. Which one you receive depends on the setting used by the auction holder.
1. via PayPal – A link will appear in the email directing you to pay by PayPal.
2. via Wire transfer – The bank details of the auction holder will appear in the email to facilitate the
3. via Check – The mailing address of the auction holder will appear in the email where you can
mail your check or money order.
If you have questions about payment, please contact at email@example.com.